St. Patrick’s Day will be here before you know it. One tradition that many people enjoy is the annual corned beef and cabbage feast that graces tables all across America. If you and your family enjoy this celebratory fare, then this year you have the luck of the Irish, because preparing it just got a lot simpler! This one-pot slow cooker recipe courtesy of the Martha Stewart website takes minutes to prepare, and yields a hearty meal in just a few hours.
Slow-Cooker Corned Beef & Cabbage
- 2 celery stalks, cut into large pieces
- 1 small onion, wedged
- 6 sprigs thyme
- ½ head cabbage, wedged
- 3 carrots, cut into large pieces
- ½ lb. small potatoes, halved
- 1 3-lb. corned beef brisket and enclosed spice packet
- Place celery, carrots, onion, potatoes and thyme in 5-6 qt. slow cooker.
- Place the corned beef fat side up on top of vegetables.
- Sprinkle with spice packet.
- Add enough water to cover meat and vegetables, about 5 cups.
- Cover and cook either on high for 4 ¼ hours, or 8 ½ hours on low.
- Arrange cabbage over meat, cover, and cook an additional 45 minutes (or 1 ½ hours on low).
- When done, slice brisket thinly against the grain, and serve with vegetables and cooking liquid.
Another great tradition is choosing us to help you with your home comfort needs.
We’ve been keeping people comfortable for 50 years, and we can help you, too! Whether you need heating, cooling or indoor air quality products, you can trust us to offer you the best products and services available. Just give us a call at (631) 694-1616 to learn more.