Summer is the time when people fire up their grills, and cooking out becomes the norm. Grilled meats and veggies are certainly staples of the season, and nothing smells more delicious than a steak and some peppers and onions grilling over an open flame. But did you know your barbecue is also the perfect place to whip up a delectable dessert or two?
Peaches offer one of the favorite flavors of summer, too. As tasty as they are fresh from the farmers’ market, the sweet fruit is also outstanding from the grill. That’s why we’re sharing a flavorful, rum-infused recipe for marinated grilled peaches, from Rock Recipes. Enjoy!
Rum Marinated Grilled Peaches
- 4 ripe peaches
- 4 oz. amber rum
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 4 tbsp. cinnamon sugar
- Vanilla ice cream
- Halve peaches and remove pits. Place in baking dish, centers up.
- Dissolve brown sugar in rum; pour over peaches making sure holes are filled with liquid.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap tightly; place in fridge anywhere between 2 hours and overnight.
- When ready to grill, remove peaches from baking dish and reserve marinade.
- Sprinkle cut sides of peaches with cinnamon sugar; grill over open heat a couple of minutes per side.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, drizzle with reserved rum marinade.
If your home is feeling as hot as your grill this summer, it’s probably time to call All Seasons. We can help you get the air conditioning you need, or repair the one you have. Just give us a call at 631.694.1616 and we’ll be happy to help you get the cool comfort you need to feel just peachy!