When fall rolls around, everything turns to pumpkin! Pumpkin spice coffee and sweet treats like pumpkin muffins and donuts are everywhere – people can’t seem to get enough of this cheery member of the squash family. If you have a fall get-together, why not bring along some of the favored flavor of the season? We’re sharing a tasty recipe for pumpkin cheesecake bars – they’re a great dessert for fall and will be the star of the show, for sure! We found this recipe on Taste of Home, and think you’ll find it as yummy as we did!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 8-oz. package cream cheese
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbs form. Add pecans; set aside ¾ cup for topping.
- Press remaining crumb mixture in greased 8×8 baking pan. Bake at 350º F for 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Place pan on wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Add pumpkin, eggs, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice; blend. Pour over baked crust. Sprinkle with remainder of pecan crumb mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Cut into bars to serve. Refrigerate.
While these pumpkin cheesecake bars are indeed delicious, nothing takes the cake quite like a comfortable home. When you choose All Seasons, you can count on us taking care of all your home comfort needs, from heating, to cooling, to indoor air quality. Just give us a call at 631.694.1616 and we’ll help you stay comfortable all year long.